– When taking the TOEIC Listening practice test part 1 on TOEIC TEST PRO, you can choose to do any tests first.
– Each Listening practice test part 1 consists of 6 questions. Each question has one photograph. You will listen to four sentences (marked A-D) and then choose the one that best describes the photo.
– After finishing all six questions, you need to press the submit button to hand in your answers.
– You can review the test you have taken, see correct answers and detailed explanations. This is one of the plus points of TOEIC TEST PRO, which can help you identify your weaknesses.
Toeic Listening test Part 1 is considered the easiest part of the TOEIC exam because it has the least number of questions. However, part 1 in the new format is more difficult than that in the old format as it has more tricks. Thus, there is no way but to practice as much as possible.
Compared to other parts in the TOEIC exam, part 1 has the least number of questions with only 6.
In TOEIC part 1, you will be given 1 minutes and 25 seconds to listen to the instructions. Hence, take advantage of this time to quickly look at the pictures to think of possible descriptions.
For each question, you can the following steps:
- Step 1: Listen to four options A, B, C and D (There will be 5-second break between two answers)
- Step 2: Use the first three seconds to fill in answer in the answer sheet
- Step 3: Use the rest of time (two seconds) to look at the next picture.
In spite of being the least challenging part in the TOEIC exam, TOEIC part 1 features varied topics ranging from office, airports and airplanes, train station, room, street, storeroom, store and ship. In addition, free time and shopping are also often included in TOEIC part 1.
There are different ways to gain a maximum score in TOEIC part 1. Nevertheless, you can follow tips recommended below:
- Analyzing photos before listening: This step is of great importance in both practicing at home and taking the actual test. It’s essential to look carefully at the photo and pay attention to:
Appearance of character(s): Making a guess of the character’s gender, clothes and occupation.
Action of body parts: Eye: What is/ are the character(s) looking at?, Hand: What is/ are the character(s) holding? Additionally, think of other verbs that often appear in the recording such as run, stand, stare, climb and so on.
Setting and items: Guessing the setting of the picture, for example, conference room, kitchen or park.
the name of the object(s)
where the object(s) is/ are: on the table, on the street, on the left side, on the right side, in the middle of, near, opposite, next to and so on.
the status of the object: closed, open, full, empty and so on.
- Think of various expressions for a photo:
Thinking of various expressions for a picture is an important step to attain a high mark in TOEIC Listening test part 1. For instance, instead of saying “They are making a call”, we can also say “They are hanging up the phone” or “They are talking on the phone”.